Top Ten books that I will definitely read . . . someday


                                                  



1. The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien: 
   now hear me out before you get all angry at me. I have ‘technically’ read this book before. I actually listened to it as an audio book when I was WAY too young for it and it was basically responsible for all my nightmares as a child. Still I’ve always wanted to read it on paper I just keep getting distracted by other books.  
2. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard by Rick Riordan: 

Don’t get me wrong I loved the Percy Jackson series and I loved the Kane Chronicles even more, but . . . Heroes of Olympus didn’t really work for me. Especially the last one and well I’ve kind of gotten a bit wary of Riordan. They all just started to feel a little bit the same near the end. I’ll still read it someday I’m sure.
3. Winter by Marissa Meyer: 

I AM SO SCARED OKAY!! Apparently in the last book of the series it is perfectly acceptable to kill every single character ever and expect everybody to be good with it. And Winter is so huge and Cress left off at such a terrible point and no. just no. I can’t

4. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: 
I don’t technically own this one but I’ve picked it up from the library twice and have yet to actually crack open the front cover. But literally everybody who has ever reviewed it raves about it so . . .
5.Basically all the Maggie Steifvater Books: 

I have really bad luck with big hyped authors. I wasn’t a fan of Cassandra Clare or James Patterson (who has another book out literally every time I turn around. Does he even have fingers anymore? Or are they worn down to little nubs yet?) And Holly Black and I have a love hate relationship that drives just a little bit up the wall. So I’m scared to start her books. Everybody loves them so much and from what I hear they sound really good but I am a cowardly book dragon and I can’t quite make myself pop the bubble.

6.The rest of the Brotherband series by John Flanagan: 
Sorry these just didn’t work for me. I’ll just sit in a corner and hope more prequels featuring Halt and Crowley come out.
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell:
‘How can I not have read this?! It’s about a literal fangirl!’ You say. Well here is the thing. I do not like contemporaries. They make me feel like I should be, I don’t know, going outside and doing stuff. See fantasies make you feel bad about life because you haven’t taken back a kingdom or ridden a dragon or gone to boarding school in Scotland to say gibberish in Latin. Contemporaries make me feel bad because I’m (a) not making uber fabulous friendships (b) getting a boyfriend or (c) skipping school/work/responsibilities in general. Sorry but no. Also if the blurb feels the need to specify that the love interest is ‘super hot’ I’m already put off.
8. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson: 

It’s a peter pan retelling that I keep picking up at the library, stoking the cover a bit, and then putting it down inexplicably and wandering off. I don’t know why I’m hesitant to try this one but it’s probably got something to do with the love triangle and the fact that it’s a retelling in general. Don’t get me wrong I love retellings but they also scare me to bits. Because some of them can really rat on the original or just plain screw everything up.

9. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake: 

I read Anna Dressed in Blood forever ago and was . . . not impressed. Sure it was a mildly entertaining ghost story and I am a sucker for those but the characters. Yuck.  So yeah I probably won’t read this one anytime soon.

10. Demon Road by Derek Landy: 

I am cheating okay. I am. Because I bought this book off amazon yesterday and it’s not here yet. But if my library had been good at its job and bought the book six months ago when it came out I would have read it already. Not to mention that amazon says that it won’t get here for another MONTH!! Where is it coming from?! China? So if you’ll excuse me I’ll just wait impatiently for that to show up.

Special thanks to the girls from The Broke and Bookish for starting the whole Top Ten Tuesday thing. here is a link to their blog go check out some of their lists too.

Comments

Popular Posts