Top Ten Book to Movie Adaptations

Top Ten Tuesday


top ten book to movie adaptations that are actually decent

Harry Potter Movies


I know plenty of people will argue with me about this one because, eh? I don’t know really. Trust me there are a ton! Of things that drive me crazy but . . . come on! Have you guys seen the Percy Jackson movie? The Eragon movie?


 It could have been soooooo much worse. I’m just going to sit in my corner between hating the movies and fanatically loving the movies and just be glad they weren’t terrible.

The Lord of the Rings


Again another one that people might not agree with me on (which is why they’re so low down on the list) which I can totally see why! Still I enjoyed it. And what the heck the internet has never stopped anyone from having an opinion before.


How to Train your Dragon


Now I have to admit. I never really got into the books as a kid. And honestly the move is so different from the books that it’s almost like they just wanted the idea of Vikings and dragons instead . . . actually wanting to make a book to movie adaptation. In fact I personally don’t even count is as such.


 But what the heck it’s not a top ten Tuesday if I’m not breaking the rules.  

Basically every Peter Pan ever


Has anybody actually read the original Peter Pan? He was a literal psychopath! Talk about childhood ruining.

Bridge to Terabithia


This one is added on in honor of all the tears I shed as a child. Because ‘oh look here’s a cutesy story about kids and their imaginary world’ was somehow coupled with the death of one of said children. Do I need a spoiler warning for a book/movie that’s like ten years old? 


Matilda


Why does nobody talk about this movie? It was actually really good! But I’m totally biased because this was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Mostly because Matilda and I were pretty darn similar to each other. Well except for the magic powers. Still waiting around for those to show up.


The Prince of Egypt


HAHAHA does this count as blasphemy? Oh well. I adore Prince of Egypt! The music, the art, the music! Freaking gorgeous all the time. So beautiful.
Look at this stuff! LOOK!


Look at the beauty!


Hunger Games


I have to admit, I am not the books biggest fans. But I have to be impressed by the movies. They were almost exactly like the books! It’s a miracle! Though I’m a bit disappointed that Hollywood couldn’t pull itself together to make a good one of something I actually like. 
*KOFF* Percy Jackson *KOFF*.


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe


Obviously the first was the best. The other two are . . . okay? But nothing compared to the first one. Narnia really was my first foray into the fantasy genre and I will love it for basically the rest of my life.


Princess Bride



Y’all I didn’t even know that this movie was a book to movie adaptation. For years I watched this movie and then finally found the book. And holy cow that director knew what was up. Aside from an extra frame story (involving the sick kid all grown up and trying to find the book again or something) it was practically exactly like the book. It’s like they actually treated the book like the script, what a novelty. I wonder if anybody else has done that?
Come on Hollywood

Thanks again to the girls at the http://www.brokeandbookish.com/. For letting me join in on Top Ten Tuesdays 

Comments

Popular Posts