Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best Books Of 2016

Top Ten Best Books Of 2016


Yeah I know this isn’t the right Top Ten Tuesday. But January 3rd was about debut novels in 2017. 


Except I already did one like this two weeks ago, and I am terrible at keeping up with new books coming out (unless it’s a sequel to a cliffhanger because I’m still human guys). So, I figured that forcing myself through another torture session of books that look awesome but won’t show up at the library months after they come out wasn’t really worth it.

            After all I did miss two weeks during the holidays so here I am. Doing a Top Ten Tuesday from last week. I haven’t even started and I’m already cheating.


All the Skulduggery Pleasents by Derek Landy


            The Skulduggery Pleasant books by Derek Landy just keep getting better! And people keep getting killed so . . . Anyway. I have honestly lost track of how many of these books I’ve read this year. In my defense there are at least twelve so it’s kind of hard to keep track of them. 


They’re still great though.

All the Lockwood and Co books by Johnathan Stroud


            I found these books this year and I have devoured each one of them. Though I’ve only reviewed one of them so far. Still there the one ghost story that didn’t kill my brain with stupidity.


All the Raven Boys books by Maggie Stiefvater


            Every blogger, goodreads reviewer and their cousin was throwing these books at my head with abandon. 


Frankly they never seemed like my kind of books. I was super freaking wrong. They were lovely and awesome enough for me to ignore the repeated cursing.

Grave Mercy by Robin Lafevers


            So, let’s imagine that the literal god of death has children with mortals (percy Jackson style) who go on to become his personal assassins. 


And did I mention that they’re all females? It’s like a ton of tiny black widows running around medieval Europe.

The Orphan Queen and the Mirror King by Jodi Meadows




     

That cliffhanger was awful. And then my people got put in mortal danger.


And hey there are only two books! (instead of the normal sixteen or so most fantasy books go for) Which kind of makes up for how big they are.

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo


            Sure, all my beloved characters were mentally and physically traumatized by the end but most of them survived! well physically.


Did I mention that there were medieval heists! So, cool.  

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab


            I’ll admit that parts of this book went straight over my head. One of the main characters was a musician who played the violin and there were several (very pretty) descriptions of music that I just didn’t follow. On the plus side his violin ate the souls of the people who heard his music so . . . That’s nice.


The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer


            These two authors wrote letters back and forth to each other in character and ended up with a book! 


 I haven’t gotten around to reviewing it yet but it should come soon. After all it’s by Patricia C. Wrede so how could I not talk about it. She’s a criminally under-read author.

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede


            Well I did say I loved this author. 


I’ve recently reread the series because they’re awesome. Also I’ve decided that her books are exactly the kind of book I want to write someday.

The two books of Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson that I’ve read


            Because Mistborn was fabulous and the well of ascension raised the bar even higher! I need the next one immediately! And the next one! There are ten or something like that so I’m going to be busy for a while.  




Comments

Popular Posts