Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Opinions I Have That are Kind of Weird


Ten Opinions about Books that nobody else seemed to have?

Okay technically this Top Ten Tuesday was supposed to be about ‘hidden gem books’ but . . . I started this blog so that I’d read the ‘popular’ books. So . . . I changed it. Also as a side not I linked each book to their description on Goodreads just in case y'all feel like checking them out.


I actually liked Cursed Child


I don’t know what’s up but everybody I talked to downright hated it! Sure, I didn’t really buy some of the plot twist or even some of Harry’s actions 

but I still loved it! Certainly, loved it enough to ignore the kind of cheesy things.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again I don’t like Mortal Instruments


              Which is kind of a shocker seeing as how very few people have rated it as anything less than a four or five. But I can’t . I just couldn’t get past Clary’s lack of empathy towards anybody she couldn’t become ‘romantically entangled’ with. 


No thank you.

I could not stand The Replacement by Brenna Yovannoff


              This book is continuously praised for its atmosphere and the depth of the relationship between the characters. I . . . did not see that. At all. I found the atmosphere vaguely creepy but buried under cliché high school drama like parties, alcohol and drugs. 


Not to mention the main characters repeated fainting spells. Even the relationships made no sense with the best friend having a singular personality trait (maybe it was on sale?) while the love interest was just that. A love interest. Yeah, I don’t get this book.

I was kind of meh towards Asylum by Madeleine Roux


But everybody else was either four stars or one star. I’m not actually used to being in the middle of the spectrum. Granted I had been reading a lot of YA ghost stories and my feelings on it were basically ‘at least it wasn’t as bad as some of the other ones’.


My favorite part of Sorcery and Cecilia was the letter part


              Even the people who likes the story thought that the whole story being written in letters was a little strange. Apparently, the main complaint was that it kind of ruined the realism. And I do think they have a point


 I still loved the letters! Sometimes people don’t realize that books can have different mediums I suppose.

Morpheus Road was decidedly not creepy


              Oh my gosh this was one of the first books I reviewed, how long ago was that?


 Still I was not impressed by this book. The plot was in tatters it had so many holes in it and, despite what everybody else says, it was certainly not by any definition creepy.

Colette from Marie Antionette, Serial Killer and I did not get along


              Even people who disliked the book at least admitted that she was a decent character. In my mind that’s because she was something different from the ever-present social outcast protagonist. Colette was the popular rich girl with the twist being that she wasn’t rich anymore. I was, ironically, kind of impressed when she was first introduced. Unfortunately, she was a terrible person. 


Call me crazy but I’m not going to like a character just because they’re ‘super different’.

I could not STAND Croak by Gina Damico


              And I am utterly devastated by that. I ranted quite enough about this book when I reviewed it the first time so I’ll leave it at this. This author hated teenagers with a burning passion yet she wrote a YA book. 


The Sun Dragon and I will gladly glare at each other from opposite corners


It’s allowed to glare at me. I’m literally the only person with a negative review on Goodreads. Seriously guys somebody else write something it’s making me uncomfortable. 


This is actually one of the few books I’ve gone back too just to see if anybody else agreed with me (they don’t). But I stand by what I said, the book had at least six different special snowflake tropes, terrible writing and two ridiculous love interest. 
No thank you.

I felt absolutely no desire to finish the Throne of Glass series



              I don’t know guys I really liked these books at first. But honestly after the third book (I think) things started to go downhill so fast. Celeana became a different person, all the other characters dropped off the face of the earth and I just sort of . . . 


lost interest. 

Anyway thanks to the ladies at the Broke and the Bookish for starting the Top Ten Tuesday trend. If you want to check them out click here

Comments

Popular Posts