Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I’ve reread while my TBR pile grows without my permission




This was supposed to be about short/read-in-one sitting books. Except I read a lot of books in one sitting. So, this is what I’m doing instead. I’m not I have a weird relationship with rereading books. Because some books I love to reread! But usually I feel completely guilty for ignoring my TBR pile in favor of a book I’ve read ten or twenty times. Still here are the ten books that I enjoy rereading in no particular order whatsoever.

Tomorrow’s Magic by Pamela F. Service


              This one is special because it’s basically the only dystopian I’ve enjoyed. Probably because it’s about King Arthur ad Merlin coming back after the end of modern civilization via nuclear war. You can’t tell me that’s not awesome because it is. Especially since Merlin is a tiny teenager and not particularly happy about it.


Legend of Holly Clause by Brittany Ryan


              Full disclosure I just really like the pictures in this one. As cheesy as it sounds I read this book around Christmas because it’s all about Santa Clause’s daughter in Victorian London. It’s a lot better than it sounds I promise. It’s a pretty book with gorgeous illustration that makes me thing of old fairytales or the earliest Disney movies. What can I say, it’s just cute.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo


              I’m so happy that I own this one! I never did buy a hard copy of the second one (I ended up getting it on audio instead) though I’d still like to at some point.

Any Ranger’s Apprentice Book by John Flanagan


              I’ve complained before that Ranger’s Apprentice’s plots aren’t the most . . . complicated at times. However, I read these books for the characters and they’re hilarious! Sometimes I’ll pick up the books and just read through the conversations and appreciate the comradery. Occasionally Flanagan gets a little carried away sure but if you want to learn how to write witty dialogue you can certainly start here.

The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer


              Admittedly, this is because I’m planning on playing the Letter Game with my sister soon. But even if I wasn’t I’d still read the book multiple times. Mostly because I haven’t gotten the second book. Got the third book. But not the second one.


Any of the Squires Tale by Gerald Morris


              Oh, look another King Arthur book. Gerald Morris is hilarious! I haven’t read any of his books for a long time but I remember reading and rereading them constantly as a kid. Following the Knights of the Round Table or occasionally the squires of said knights through quests and angry fey and scary monsters. It’s beautiful.

The Dark Elf Trilogy by R. A. Salvatore


              These books are tragically underrated. Sure they’re books based off a ‘game’ but they do have one of the BEST characters I have ever read. He’s literally a character that (if you went fully with the ‘game’ thing) is supposed to be evil but he’s not and it’s awesome. Drizzt Do’Urden is a fabulous character with better character development than half the protagonists these days. It also helps that he can kick butt.

The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill


              Another tragically underrated book that I legitimately do not talk about enough. There’s a tiny country by a gigantic Rome-like army, tiny sassy princesses who aren’t nearly as confident as they pretend to be and adorable witch boys who can either drag you away from deaths door with his awesome healing ability or call lightning down from the sky to destroy everything (not that he would, but he could). And that’s not even touching on the giant talking snow leopards.


Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede


              They’re just so small and awesome it’s almost impossible to not enjoy them multiple times. I could read the first book, dealing with dragons in two, maybe three, hours if that. And they’re one of my favorite books ever so whenever I get the chance I snatch them up to enjoy the dry wit and clever world building. Besides I want to write a book like that (someday) so it really counts as research. 

Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling



              I have lost track of how many times I’ve read these books and I don’t begrudge a single minute of the time it takes to do so. They’re beautiful and they make me cry on multiple occasions. I wish I was at Hogwarts. 


Thanks for putting up with my confused ramblings. And thanks again to the ladies at the Broke and the Bookish for starting Top Ten Tuesdays you can check them out here if you're interested. 

Comments

Popular Posts