Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books that were recommended to me



All About Books You Read Because of Recommendation 
This is a topic very close to my heart. cause I'd be out of a job if people didn't read books on account of grammatically incorrect, inarticulate rants.

Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins



People angrily threw this book at my head until I read it. And by people I mean goodreads, friends, the entire world. My conclusion was . . . no thank you. 

I know I have an unpopular opinion who would have thunk?

Sorry guys. But the fact that it’s a book about the glorification of children killing children, paired with its worldwide acclaim is a bit too Meta for my poor brain.

White Cat by Holly Black



Ah Holly Black, I’m so impressed and so insulted at your writing at the same time . . . Oft readers will know of my love hate relationship with Holly Black and her rather questionable characters.


Still I think That White Cat is probably my favorite.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer



I avoided this book for the first few months of its release because . . . futuristic cyborg Cinderella. 

I do. don't tell anybody

It just sounded so weird. But my sister read it and declared it wonderful. She was right.

Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan



Every friend of mine in middle school yelled at me for weeks to read these books! In fact one of them forcefully ‘offered’ to let me borrow them.



 It’s actually a pretty effective way to recommend books. Anyway here I am, still trying to recover from Mark of Athena.

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy



            This was primarily recommended to me by the blog Paperfuy run by Cait Grace. There were a few others but it was mostly her glowing reviews that finally made me pick them up. So now I can safely blame her for putting me in a position to suffer from Skulduggery-Pleasant-Withdrawal 

it’s a totally legitimate disease.

Lockwood and co. by Johnathan Stroud



             The whole series is listed because frankly the premise is amazing and it is criminally under-read. Complaints aside I actually picked this one up thanks to friend of mine who worked at the library. And I’m so glad I did despite the fact that my new library seems to have something against getting decent books.



Rangers Apprentice by John Flanagan



Another criminally under-read series. Apparently there’s a Ranger’s summer camp in Australia! I want to go! It’s probably be for eight year olds and I’d look like a total creeper 
 Still wanna go.

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab



            I swear every blog on the internet has been suddenly become obsessed with Victoria Schwab. Frankly I can see why but where did it come from? 



Kind a weird. Still this is another one that I’m really glad people threw at me because it was beautiful.

Six of Crows

Yeah I think I’ve fangirled over this book enough.


The Raven Boys




Paperfury can take probably 70% of the credit for my decision to read this. But some credit has to go to a few of my friends who’d read it. Not to mention the huge amount of five star reviews on goodreads. And I got Blue Lily, Lily Blue from the library! So of course I’m going to flail about it’s basically a contractual obligation. 


Thanks to the ladies at the Broke and the Bookish for letting random people like me participate in their awesome stuff. If you like lists and things you should check them out http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

Comments

Popular Posts